Friday, August 19, 2011

Careful what you wish for... MLM Car bonuses

I have been in, consulted for and written about Network marketing companies for over 20 years. All I can say about car bonuses is BE CAREFUL! And I say this as a distributor for MonaVie which has a Mecedes bonus.

Here's why: MLM like any business has its ups and downs. You can build a downline and think you are set only to have it fall apart in months. This is pretty universal and is not necessarily a reflection on the company. (Although there are some scammy ones out there; but that is the subject of another post.)

Anyway, I suggest you beware of "getting" a (Fill in the blank) car too soon. It sounds really good that you have a car within reach at a low level but, like the previous post laid out, the car is ultimately your responsibility. You could find that you qualify, obligate yourself to a long term loan or lease payments and then lose your qualification three months into it! So, unless you were planning to buy/lease a luxury car anyway, you will find yourself with a huge car payment that you did not otherwise want.

Based on my research some companies are requiring you to qualify every month so you can literally qualify and lose your qualification the following month. It's nice for the company to say it is "awarding" X number of cars every day/week but they are not doing their distributors any favors strapping them with high car payments and the increased insurance and maintenance payments that go with it.

I can't speak for the other companies but MonaVie gives a $1500 per month Mercedes allowance once you reach the rank of Black Diamond. Once you have qualified, you are entitled to a year's payments before you need to re-qualify. After a year, even if you do not qualify fully they will pro-rate based on your volume. While they don't "give away" as many cars, by the time you get to Black Diamond you can well afford the payments on your own if need be!

And, in answer to the question of a previous post about whether any companies actually GIVE away a car. MonaVie has a "car of your dreams program wherein it give away your choice of a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Masarati, Rolls Royce or Bentley. I have seen two of the Masaratis it has awarded...not my taste I'd prefer the Bentley!

No comments:

Post a Comment